“When my great-grandfather Karl Elsener opened a cutlery workshop to deliver a soldier knife to the Swiss army in 1884, he had a revolutionary idea in mind. He was looking for a compact and sturdy knife, which offered many functions combined in a single tool. What he invented has long become a legend: the Original Swiss Army Knife.
Over the years, both customer needs and technology have changed. The Swiss Army Knife has evolved by responding to these needs, while remaining an essential tool our clients can rely on.
That’s our story. But it’s not what turned the Victorinox Knife into an icon. It’s about the stories our customers experienced in which our products played a vital role: stories about memorable moments of adventure and expeditions on earth, in the sky, and in space. Dramatic stories in which our products contributed to solutions and saved lives. Even stories of prominent encounters where our knives opened doors, helping to create ties between politicians, opinion leaders and nations.
We invite you to discover the world of Victorinox and are proud to be a companion for your life.”
– Carl Elsener, CEO Victorinox AG
- Swiss Made
- Ø 40 mm Stainless steel case (316L)
- Mechanical self-winding movement (ETA 2824)
- Scratch-resistant, triple-coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 100 m (10 ATM, 330 ft)
- Luminescent hands and hour markers
- Screwed caseback
- Mineral glass caseback
- Date calendar
- Dark grey dial
- Ecologically tanned black leather strap